The mission of The Hagedorn Little Village School(HLVS) Jack Joel Center for Special Children is to provide the finest educational and therapeutic programs to infants, pre-school and elementary school children with a wide range of developmental delays and disabilities. We strive to help each child we serve achieve their highest potential, educationally, emotionally and socially by creating a nurturing environment for the child and a supportive framework for their families.
- To facilitate each child in achieving his or her highest potential socially, educationally and emotionally.
- To provide support and direction to families.
- To collaborate with outside service providers in fulfilling this mission.
In this work we are committed to the values of:
- Compassionate care for all we serve.
- Deep respect for the dignity of each child.
- Integrity in all our business dealings.
- Providing ongoing professional development to our staff to ensure that our children receive the most current and effective instruction and therapeutic interventions.